Wednesday 5 January 2011

Evaluation Question 1

1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms & conventions of real media products?


My media product follows the codes & conventions of the documentaries, print adverts and radio trailers in many ways. Firstly I believe the 3 texts do not challenge or develop the codes and conventions, I have tried to follow the codes and conventions of each so that I produce a professional looking text. Firstly I will compare my documentary with a real documentary.







As you can see I have got a screen shot from my documentary (on top) and a professional documentary (The Devil Made Me Do it) from youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkf11iER1Kw&feature=related . This illustrates my use of framing whilst filming my interviews and shows I tried to follow the Codes and Conventions as closely as possible.

• Interviewee eye line upper third of screen.

• Interviewee positioned to 1 side of the camera, interviewer is positioned on the opposite side of the camera to the interviewee. CU or MCU, following rule of thirds.

• Background of interviews – reflects subject or person, as you can see from my interview you can clearly see my interviewee works in a school from the desk, files and suite he is wearing.



Next I will look at the use of Graphics.






The only time I have used on screen graphics is for interviews. I have used the same font size, colour and font throughout my documentary.

• The graphics appear on the opposite side to the interviewee and both the professional production and mine follow this convention.

• My graphic anchors who the person on screen is and the relevance to the subject whereas the professional production doesn’t follow this convention.

• Both productions have used a simple easily recognisable font.

• In my production we have the top line of the graphic as a larger font size than the bottom line and thus following convention.

Finally I will look at my Print Advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment